My brother Norman has a excellent way of making boiled potatoes. here is what he does:
- boil red or yellow, small potatoes in some salted water.
- When they’re done, throw the water out.
- Put about 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the spuds.
- Put a stick of butter in the pan with the spuds.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Sprinkle parsley flakes, on the potatoes.
- Heat the potatoes up again to melt the butter Mixing them. Keep the potatoes whole, mixing the sauce and gently.
The butter, olive oil and other ingredients will make kind of a buttery sauce. Now it is time to eat them. Small potatoes work the best. He gets those new potatoes that are about the size of a large grape. Other kinds of potatoes will work.
It is a very simple recipe, but I have come to enjoy them more than any of the other ways of making potatoes, except for homemade scalloped potatoes. Very good, very healthy, easy to make and they’re cheap! We had them tonight. That makes twice in a row, and boy do they ever hit the spot.