One of my favorites…I am suprised I ain’t already put it on here.
- 1 can cheese soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom/chicken soup.
- 1 pint or so sour cream
- sharp shredded cheese. 1 pkg <———note you dont have to use it all.
- 1lb ground pork
- 1 2lb package frozen hashbrowns..southern cube style preferred.
- bread crumbs
- butter 1/2 stick or less
- 1/2 cup milk
Let me start off by saying it is hard to mess this up. Even when overcooked it tastes great. THAW the frozen hashbrowns.
ya need a aluminum pan to bake it in- cook up pork in frying pan
– put thawed spuds in greased pan
– mix the cheese, mushroom soup, sour cream, pour it over spuds..then pour in some milk.
– mix in some shredded cheese. (use your judgement. it will be cheesy w/the cheese soup.
– put 1/2 stick butter pats on top of mixture
– put pork on top or sort of mix it in..accordin to taste
– bake at 375 for 45min to 1hr.
– during last 15 min put down some sharp shredded cheese
and bread crumbs on top..till it makes a crust…dont have to be perfect.
makes a LOT of these tasty spuds..the ground pork goes well
with it..a real rib sticker and pretty cheap. Makes about 3lbs
of food. The only way you might mess up is use too much margerine and make it greasy…Sharp cheese is better, but with the cheddar cheese soup you’ll get plenty o’ cheese taste.
On allrecipes.com there are many versions of this recipe…I love it and make it all the time. One thing I never tried was some bacon with it..just a little touch. When I cooked up the ground pork I used soyu sauce, and brown sugar, and garlic powder. The ground pork is better than ground beef with this, I think. Really satisfying chunks of meat in there. It’s a rib sticker. Pretty cheap..you wind up with 3-4lbs of food.
It’s great as a side dish, or all by itself…man I always wolf it down in two days. This last one was great with the cheddar cheese soup. No need to use expensive brands.