This is a cheapy that I really liked this weekend.
- 2 standard cans crushed, diced, or whole tomatos
- 1 can beef broth
- 6-7 potatoes cut up with skins on.
- 1 bunch celery.. I used a whole bunch of it.
- couple pinches red pepper.
- dried basil
- 2 lbs arm roast cut up.
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 package Roast Beef gravy mix from the store.
Makes vegetable beef soup in about 4-5 hours. To make faster, cook up the beef and the spuds on the stove, boiling the potatoes. The potatoes take longest to cook. It’s all done.. “to taste”. I dont like carrots ‘cos they make the soup,stew, or roast sweet. Same with peas, but it’s to taste. This was very good. I love the taste of the celery against the tomatoes and beef broth. Give it a taste as it goes along, to see what you like. Sometimes, I boil the carrots by themselves, and put them in at the last.
This is one of those things that tastes better after age, like spaghetti that has been sitting a while, then warmed up.