I have a Acer Aspire netbook. Now it is all right.. just all right. It does the job, but other machines might be better. Here are the reasons that I do not like it the best.
- No external WiFI antenna hookup. At a truck rest area for example, a truck will pull beside you and cut off your connection.
- FUNKY keyboard..it is tiny, and the slightest mistake will bring up all sorts of weird things.
- Windows XP sucks on these machines. It loads like molasses.
- NO..the ATOM will not run games. Forget that idea. Even if you could the keys are sticky and tiny.
- Hard to install many Linux distros on this machine.
I would forgive the tiny keys, but it has different functions and I keep losing my work. A missed key and all of a sudden some other applications pops up. Windows XP is on there..with all it’s required JUNK… anti virus programss etc. I hate the lack of a external WiFi antenna connector.
My opinion on these? Go ahead with the SSD models, the ones that only have a 8GB solid state drive. You can buy external drives cheap, and also the wonderful SD cards.. I love SD cards. The keys on the Acer are a real problem. It ain’t a DESKTOP. I do not even like the big laptops..but would recommend just getting a miniITX machine.